Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God's way of cheering me up!!!

It may be shallow but it's really effective...

Last Thursday I got a call from someone unexpected. Tian Yu, our Malaysian marketing personnel told me that someone's on the line looking for me. I asked him jokingly if its from a female, and he said "yes". I was wondering who could that be. Who would call me from work @ 3:00 pm on our office land line. So I took the handset and said "Hello! This is Joseph, how may I help you?". And then a warm voice from the other line introduced herself...

A year ago, I was checking Asian Institute of Management's (AIM) website. I wanted to gather information about their 16 months Masters in Business Administration (MBA) course. It was my lifelong dream to be able to study in that prestigious school, after reading their school brochure when I was in high school. I even downloaded their application forms and registered in their website and after wards, started preparing the necessary admission requirements for the course. Then, just last week I checked their website again after a year and read that they will be having their student intake this September. And this is what happened after two days. I was shocked when the lady told me that she was calling directly from Makati-AIM Admission's office. I was saying to myself, "what in the world, how did they get this number?". She started telling me that she had one slot left for the September intake and asked me if I would like to be in. I was already overwhelmed that time, but I declined nicely. This year is not yet time for me. I told her that my employment will reach two years next March which is major requirement. That I plan to sign up for next year's second intake. She said it was a perfect choice. She also told me that they are coming to Dumaguete early next year, and promised to include my name on the list of applicants.

I was really happy in so many ways. One is that my waiting was not in vain. That God was still on track and is ahead of my vision even when I placed it on the shelf for some time. That He has been faithful all this time and that my life is actually going somewhere. Two, is because it is somehow a confirmation to my prayers. That my dream is starting to unfold right before me. I had so many plans-I want to do what the Lord wants me to do and at the same time be a blessing to the community and to my country. And, I think getting this education will be a big help to achieving the vision. Lastly, is that God is a God of "Perfect Timing" as He has always been. He knows when to cheer me up and how to do it.

I know, it's still a long way and a long wait. If ever I get accepted to the course, the tuition will be a problem. The 16 month course cost 36, 000 USD and I am the same amount short of it. My plan is to to be on the 5% top scorers of the Admission exams so that I can be admitted as full scholar. It is like a punch to the moon which seems to be impossible. But, I know with His help I can do it-along with a lot of hard work and prayer. At this time, I am already starting to discipline myself more rigid. I have to read a lot of books from now on. I have to make use of my time wisely, as time is not a luxury for me because I have to balance work, ministry and recreation. But this will be a new challenge I need to square off. I still have less than a year.

At the end of the day, I'm glad I waited even though not that patiently (still I waited) and did not push through with my premature plans. God is in control of my life and I will put my Trust in Him...

2 comments:

  1. Give up smoking and drinking from now on.
    ...
    Kiddin' hehe.

    Grats to you and let's see what's in store for next year.

    Keep the faith. Godpseed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant give it up doi eh...

    hehehe....

    well, thanks!!! its still a long way ahead...

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment...