Wednesday, July 22, 2009

going loco over coffee...

The story of me and my office mates' love for coffee...

Drinking coffee has been part of our day to day life here in the office. Everyone has his own cup. Others have this stainless tumbler with tight covers to keep their coffees hot. As for me, I only use a plastic cup-good enough so as not to conceal the aroma of the hot drink (sniff sniff).

I do not know where the coffee thing started for all of us. I trace back my addiction to caffeine when I was in Seminary. After a tiring day and night activities, me and my classmates would always take our dinner late. We would always boil water after eating and drink coffee and talk the whole night, realizing that we would still have to wake up early for morning devotions. It was 4 years of coffee indulgence. As for the office trend, I guess it started with our boss. And then someone began bringing coffee in our air conditioned office and everyone else just followed. Now, I can't remember who that was. But since then, the familiar smell has flooded our nostrils everyday...

Now let me tour you to the desks and cubicles of those who dose with caffeine everyday here in the office...

Boss' office: I think he started it all...3 cups of coffee makes his day. I think it is essential for him, as he is a critical and deep thinker. I guess caffeine stimulates his pondering. And when a stressful day comes, it makes him calm down and ease a little to be able to make sound decisions for our company. (credits it to coffee)

Finance: I use to wear those shoes and the Accounting pants. But since it was given back to our dear finance manager (lucky me), coffee has been her pressure reliever. Especially on hard days, when bills, payables, and people come flocking the office. When there are so many things to be paid and the deadlines are near-with no news of money coming, of course prayer comes first (nearly forgot that) and a little sip of of the roasted blend makes her survive the stress each day...

Marketing Boys: The front line for customer service. These guys also seat on the front desk of our office, first ones to pick the phone, answer email inquiry and also entertain walk ins who inquire for flight training and charter flights. I guess they drink coffee just for the love of it. Especially Rohan, our Indian pilot/marketing personnel. I think he cant live a day with out coffee in his system. (watch out for the palpitation)

HR: My cubicle. Of course I love coffee. But never I knew how much it's worth when I started working here. In my first assignment in our company, when I had to deal with numbers and a lot of numbers (not that good at it), I resorted to eating and sleeping after work as my stress coping mechanism to which I am greatly regretful. But now, I have discovered another alternative-"Kape" and thanks to it my life has never been the same. (resounding clap)


And that's it...Here in Aviation Training One International, We treat Aviation as our first Love and coffee as our second first love. (hehehe)


www.fltaccess.com,
www.avtraining1.com

3 comments:

Please do leave a comment...