Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I am saving it for last...

It' s kinda hard sometimes to answer, when my friends bombard me with a lot of questions about my "LOVE LIFE".
When they ask, "how about yours?".
And I just respond jokingly " there's love and there's life..." (means I don't want to reiterate) .
I wish they'd stop there...
But then again they want me to qualify my answer, " so, your seeing someone?".
I do, like I see everyone with my two eyes. Then I have to nail it, "seriously, I'm single and I'm waiting on God for my future wife".
'What??? Are you serious, why wait?" is the common reply, and the familiar look on their faces as if they get it-that I have a vow of celibacy to fulfill. (Nope, pastors are allowed to marry-thank God..hahaha)
Its not about my vocation, and certainly unrelated about not entertaining the thought of having someone...
Yup. I long for someone to hold, someone to talk to with my funniest dreams, and someone to share my life with forever.
So why wait? I sometimes ask that question too. Why not be with the next girl who comes along? Why not date anyone and then maybe God would reveal the one for me along the way?
Hmmm...sounds biblical. (hehehe)
Its been more than a year since my last relationship with the opposite sex. I ask God sometimes, "When Lord, when will I return to the dating scene?" (not the actual words though)
I examined myself, asking those "why" questions again and again, and I came up with this short list of reasons why I have waited, still waiting, and will be waiting...

1. Top of the List. Because, I am sure that this is what God wants me to do right now. Not that I am on a heroic act or on a special mission, but simply just because God wants to teach me a lot of things in this waiting period of my life.

2. Because I am enjoying my being single. Single blessedness, or single with a purpose is what I call it. A stage in my life where I am enjoying the most and living it to the fullest. Doing things I may not have the chance to do again if I'm with someone.

3. Right now, I am not ready for another relationship and commitment with someone. I am a very conditional person, impatient, slow to listen and quick to speak, and full of pride at times. I still have so many things to work at.

4. I'm complete at this stage in my life (note: at this stage). The next stage may not be the same...

5. I will be giving my heart to the girl God shows me as my wife. I may sound a hopeless romantic, but I truly believe that somewhere out there, under the same sky-my future wife exists.

6. I have better things in mind right now. Big plans for the future. So many responsibilities to shoulder, sometimes beyond what my age can handle. But, I'm learning so many things in my job, ministry, family and with the people around me.

7. Lastly, because I know that God is busy writing the most romantic love story that will sweep me off my feet. Therefore I will wait.


Everyday is an endless battle of the mind and the heart. Sometimes I ask myself, "what am I doing?". When everything is said and done, will it be worth the wait?? I really don't know. All I know is that I will just have to trust God. I also believe that in His time all things will be beautiful. In His proper time.

I want to give my heart to the right person. That's why, I am saving it for it last...

4 comments:

  1. you're still waiting cos she's still 8 years old.
    hahaha.

    dont worry, mine is still 6.
    more hahahas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...reminds me of uncele senio, a member hir...gkasal cla sa iya wife 50+ xa iya wife 28...
    Come to think bwt it, there was a tym na 20+ na xa iya wife wa pa gipnganak..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. saving it for last...

    waiting...

    hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...

    dats right bata!!!

    batang RN..

    Hehehe..\/m

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment...